Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Back to School shopping, goodies, and my finds!

Two blog posts in one night?! :)

I jumped in today and I started my back to school shopping. It's kinda nice because I can do it early in the morning and NO ONE is out! I'm extremely blessed to be at a school where most supplies are given to us if we ask for them. So I really don't have to buy the basic supplies, just things I want for my own use. 

As I'm shopping for the next few weeks I plan to share with you my finds and how I'll use them in my classroom. If you're a Pre-K teacher and haven't joined in our #prektribe...do it!! You can find us on Facebook by searching "Pre-K Tribe." I've also left info about it on my Instagram.

So...my goodies and deals! 
I'm apologizing in advance that all my pictures are on the floor. I'm still in the process of packing my apartment so I have very limited space!

I started my day at Target, which is always a mistake. I had to have some serious self control there today. Here's what I came up with...

An emotions wheel! I grabbed about 5 of these. I use Conscious Discipline in my room and LOVE LOVE LOVE having a safe place in my classroom. We do use the choice board but I like the idea of having this as a choice for them to learn to manage their emotions. Yes they may not understand some of these but what a great teaching opportunity!

Dry erase labels! I'm not sure exactly what I will use these for, but I'm thinking for my own supply buckets.

Love these pointers! I have tons already in my room but these green ones will be specifically for the kids to use. They love to use them in their centers and if they get broken they weren't my expensive ones. ;)

How cute are these notebooks?! I had more in my cart but put them away for now. I go through notebooks like crazy through the year. I use this time to stock up on all the cute ones!

After Target I ran over to Office Depot/Office Max. 

They currently have 4 pack Flair Pens and flash drives on sale. Yes I adore the colorful flair pens but I was in serious need of just black ones. They were only $4! I've been in need of a new flash drive for years. Couldn't pass this one up for $11!

So the other day I saw a post on Instagram about these scoop chairs from Wal-Mart. For the life of me I cannot remember who posted it. So if you know, please remind me! It took me 4 different stores but I finally found them!!

I plan on using these in my library. I think the kids will love them! They do stack pretty well so they won't be in the way or anything.

What kind of deals and goodies are you finding? I'll keep posting as I find more!

Rachel :)



No comments:

Post a Comment