Friday, June 20, 2014

A new beginning!

Welcome to my first blog post! I orginially started my blog on a different site, but decided to change it up. I hope that I'm able to use this blog to connect/network with other fabulous educators, share ideas, find new ideas, and just have fun!

I'm on my second week of summer vacation and I'm loving it! For the first time this week I had this happen to me....

I opened up my planner to make an appointment and I just stared at it. I, for the life of me, couldn't figure out what the day or date was. I was a little embarrased but I'm glad my brain is finally on summer break! I've occupied myself with family time, reading, relaxing, shopping, Netflix, and all the daytime shows I never watch during the school year. I've even finally started sleeping in past 7!

Here is some random information (and pictures!) to get to know me a little better....
  • I am starting on my 3rd year of teaching and I still love it!
  • I have previous experience teaching 1st grade but I'm now on year 2 of Pre-K. I've been told I'm crazy but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
  • I am in love with anything green, animal print, or polka dots.
  • I'm a Texas girl through and through. I was born and raised here and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon!
  • Coffee is my main addiction...with a side of sweet tea and diet coke.
  • Pinterest and Instagram are where I spend a lot of my free time.
  • I love, love, love reading. I always enjoy catching up during the summer.



 I have a wonderful family that I love and adore. We completed our first 5k!


We love baseball! Go Rangers!!


My mom and I. This was when I graduated with my masters. 
We are hardly ever serious.




Sums it all up!


I have friends with pretty cool kids. 


I am so thankful for my team. We always have fun together! 

That's it..that's me in a nutshell! I'm very exciting to begin this new journey with blogging. 
I hope you will continue reading, follow along, share with friends, and most of all....ENJOY!

Live, love, and learn
Rachel :)

5 comments:

  1. so excited you have a blog. you are an amazing teacher and friend. i cant wait to learn about stuff you use that i could use in my class as i am the pre k teacher at ccy. good luck and god bless rachel. so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alisha!! I hope you are able to get some good ideas through this blog. If there's anything I can help you with just let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started my blog a few weeks ago too!! We have a lot in common - this is also my 3rd year of teaching!! :) Good luck on your blogging journey!!! :)

    Briana
    Sun, Sand & Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Briana!! Good luck in your journey with blogging and teaching as well!! :)

      Delete