Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday made it!

Ok I am so excited to start linking up with fellow bloggers, get new ideas, and share my own! I've seen all the #mondaymadeit posts and I'm finally ready to participate! I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for this post. I am only sharing one project this week because I am still out of town. I'm slowly getting back into the groove of school work. Enjoy!

I love the idea of taking a picture of my students with a "first day of..." sign or paper. While I've been enjoying my summer break I have been browsing various blogs and of course Pinterest for various ideas. While looking around I came across a super cute idea over at Apples and ABC's. Her blog gives you step by step instructions. I did make a few of my own changes though. Here's what I started with...
Of course it all had to be green and zebra!! The letters I got are the thicker cardboard ones. Because I'm a little OCD about things I decided to paint the whole letter before I put the paper on.

After I was done painting, I applied the paper with modge podge.
And here is what I ended up with...



Originally I was going to add the zebra ribbon along the edges, but I didn't like the way it looked. I may add some jewels or something later on. Either way I love the way it turned out! I plan to use it to take first day and last day pictures with my kiddos. Plus after pictures it will match my classroom decor perfectly!
I asked my dad to model the letters and here's what happened...

Yes he couldn't take the picture seriously..

Success!!
I think the kiddos will love getting to pose with the letters however they want!

I loved doing this craft and I can't wait for my next project! Have a great week everyone!
Live, love, learn
Rachel :)





10 comments:

  1. Super cute! I just bought one with my last name initial to do this with! :)

    Aris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :)
      After I finished I thought I might need to make some of these as gifts for friends with their initial.

      Delete
  2. Cute! I just finished making the words READ and BOOk for my library. Miss King's Enchanted Kingdom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      I think that's a great idea. I might have to add those as well!

      Delete
  3. Love this idea.. I will have to make one for my third graders! I might even make a B to hang on my door :)
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dad is either doing KP duty, or has labeled his ears.. one is a P and one is a K. Either way - very cute.. great job on the letters. Your kids will love this!

    ReplyDelete