Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Made It..Successes and an oops..

Hey y'all! I'm linking up again for Monday Made It with 4th Grade Frolics. There were a few fails this week, but still lots of fun!
So I've seen all kinds of DIY coffee mugs floating around Pinterest. I decided that I needed to turn this coffee mug from this....


to this...


I LOVE how it turned out! The funny thing is is that the mug fits me perfectly. I've been told by many people that I'm very grumpy in the morning without coffee. I know this is true as well..at least I admit it! I definitely cannot function without a cup or two of coffee!


I don't know why I've never used washi tape!! It's my new favorite thing. 
I finally gave in and got a Kindle last Thanksgiving. I've gotten really tired of my plain red cover but I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a new cover. So, this is how I discovered the wonders of washi tape!


Ta-da!! I'm not sure how long I'll want to keep the cover but for now it's perfect! :)


You know those adorable pom poms that are hanging in so many classrooms? Yeah, I love them! I had lanterns hanging in my room last year but decided I wanted a change this year. Instead of buying them I took to making them myself. Well, this became very frustrating and I couldn't get them to look anything like I wanted. So after much research and many youtube videos it finally happened! 

Yes I was that exctied!!



One wonderful thing about Texas is the amazing chips and salsa you can find almost anywhere. I could seriously eat this stuff for a meal. Before I came back home my brother decided that we should make salsa. Well, where the recipe calls for ONE SEEDED jalapeno he added two and didn't take any seeds out. Yeah, it was a little hot. (I'm sad I didn't even think to take any pictures of us making it.)
Once I got home I decided that I needed to try my hand at homemade salsa. I must say...it was a success!!
Y'all it is amazing and so very addicting! It made so much so I will be eating it for days, which is fine by me! (Again, not sure why I didn't think to take any other pictures of the process.)
If you want to make it you can find the recipe HERE. Now I didn't follow it exactly, just used it for inspiration. If you make it let me know how it turns out!


I did mention that there were some "made it" fails. My dad and I attempted to make homemade bread. Wellll....let's just say it didn't turn out good at all. Here are some outakes from the process though. Enjoy!



I think we had more fun making it than anything else!!

That's it..all my activities from last week! Don't forget to check out everyone elses great ideas! 

Live, love, learn
Rachel :)


8 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes--you were busy! If you only ended up with one "Fail", I'd say you are in pretty good shape! Well done on your pom poms--I'll bet you will love the effect in your room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have seen that coffee mug and desperately need to make myself one--love it! And what a great idea for your Kindle case..well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute!! Love that mug!!! :) Also, props to you for making the pom poms yourself. I gave in and bought them last year haha. :)

    Briana
    Sun, Sand & Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mug is calling my name! lol! Thanks for linking up:)
    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that mug, too...funny! My boyfriend and I planted a garden this year, and I cannot wait til everything is up so we can make salsa! YUMMM!

    Lindsey
    Thriving in 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh MY that mug is BRILLIANT.

    I love the washi tape on that! Hmm, should do something similar to mine now

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the best part of any recipe is who you are making it with. I don't get in the kitchen often, but I always like a partner in crime when I do get in there! Salsa is about the only thing I know how to make.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking of getting just the basic kindle for reading books. My mom has an older generation e-ink one and I love reading on it so I'm thinking of picking one up for myself this summer.

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete