Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday Made It - Classroom things and new recipes!

Hey y'all!! It was a crazy busy week for me. I got back into my classroom and started working. One of my main goals this summer was to take everything out of every cabinet, go through it, and organize everything by theme. Plus if I do it now I can breathe (hopefully) the week before school starts. I was very surprised that I got so much done in one week. I will share pictures of the before and after when it's all done.

It's Monday again so it's time to link up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics. I love getting to see what everyone has been up to. Enjoy! :)

My first made it is in honor of July 4th! I went to a cookout at a friend's house and I was in charge of bringing a dessert. I love getting to cook and bake for people! I decided to do red, white, and blue Rice Krispie treats.



They turned out so good and they loved them! The only bad part about it is that they turn your mouth blue. They were so worth it, though! :)
My mom gave me a corkboard years ago and it has just been sitting in my apartment. I really had no idea what to do with it. One day I was sitting in my office nook, saw the corkboard, and it hit me! I decided to spray paint the board. I'm pretty excited with how it turned out.


Spray painting this bad boy became a hassle. I did it teal at first and added what was supposed to be transparent glitter. Well, it wasn't transparent and ruined the whole thing. So that's where I decided to do the blue and green stripes. I plan to use it in my Safe Place to put all of our School Family pictures on. I think the kids are going to love it!
I know I'm really behind the curve in getting this made, but I've never had any time until now. Unfortunately in my classroom I don't have a "teacher desk", much less a teacher area. It's very challenging and frustrating at times. So I think that the toolbox will help keep my things more organized and accessible.


I'm not sure if I will keep it black, but I love the labels!! They will match all the other zebra print I have everywhere in my room. I got them from Miss Coulombe's Coordinated TPT store.

My next craft was something fun that I sat down to do while watching the Rangers play. They are also being used as a homemade gift to someone. :)


Supplies: paper clips (I used the really big ones), ribbon (found the scraps package at Hobby Lobby)
I love these big paperclips! I use them all the time in my room and at home. I decided to use the ribbon to fancy the paperclips up. Super easy and they turned out super cute!!



I think they make wonderful bookmarks or will make that stack of paper look even better!


I set a lot of goals for myself this summer. I've actually gotten a lot accomplished! One goal I had was to get back to my clean and much healthier eating. We all know it's so easy to fall off the train during the school year. During this time I have been trying out some new recipes and they have mostly been a success. One of my favorites from this week was.....


....pancakes!! These aren't ordinary pancakes, either. They are made from oatmeal, vanilla, banana, and egg whites. They tasted just like banana pancakes! I'm also not the best at making pancakes...ever, so I was pretty stoked when these turned out. I found the recipe on Pinterest, but you can find the recipe HERE. 
(Sorry for the paper plate picture, but I hate doing dishes. Ha!)

There's all my goodies from the week! Don't forget to head over and check out everyone's fun stuff! 

Have a great week!

Live, love, learn
Rachel :)

6 comments:

  1. Love the paper clips. Might just have to see if I can hunt some up because they are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those paper clips are super cute! It will definitely be trying to make some of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Paper Clip bookmark idea.

    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paper clips are adorable! I am definitely going to make some of those for my classroom! Thanks for the idea!
    ~Ali
    Cupcakes and Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! Don't know where my first comment went!

    Anyway, Rach-
    Oh My Goodness! You are awesome and I love to see your projects. You are inspiring me to get crafty! Maybe I'll "revive" my blog and "link up" one Monday. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn!! You should definitely revive your blog! It's so much fun!! I miss you too! :)

      Delete