Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Made It - Games and activities!

Hey y'all! I'm linking up again today with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It. This week I focused on activities for my kids. Making these can be very time consuming so I figured summer was a great time to get a few made! 

Enjoy! :)



My first made it is one of my favorite games to play with my kids. They love, love, love it and even ask to play it! It is called Wiggle Worms.

These are just a few letters. I made a whole set of lowercase, uppercase, and 10 wiggle worms. I added the ribbon so they are easier for the kids to grab. Here's how it works:
-Put the letters (not all at once..I usually do about 10 letters and 5 worms) in a small gift bag or box.
-Pass it around the circle.
-Each student reaches in (without looking!) and grabs one. If it's a letter they have to say what it is..after we learn them I make the kids also say the letter sound. If it's a worm everyone gets to stand up and wiggle like a worm!
Seriously, it's so much fun! It's a great time filler as well!

Some tips I have are:
-Add the ribbon or something for the kids to grab. I had the problem last year of kids having trouble grabbing one.
-Don't use a big bag..it's easier for the kids to take a peek and only pull out the worms.
-You could easily make this with numbers, pictures, or names as well. 

Hope your kids enjoy it as much as mine do!

One thing I learned last year is that my kids loved to "fish" for anything they could find. I put magnetic letters and a magnetic fishing pole out and they went to town. Because of that I made these...


Fish shapes! I will be adding small paper clips to the fish so they kids can easily grab them with the pole. 
My next made it piggy backs off the previous one.


Fish shapes with uppercase letters. I am in the process of making lowercase as well. These can be used in centers, a small group, or even the sensory table! The kids love them!
Once I get a class list I plan to make these with the kids names as well.



Compound word cards
Last year my kids really grasped compound words but had trouble breaking them apart. For example, I would ask them to  say "doghouse" and then say "doghouse" without the word "dog." I'm hoping these visual cards will help them. 
Our curriculum has about 10 compound word cards already made but I thought the kids needed more to practice with.


The ones I made are: sunflower, butterfly, rainbow, cowboy, toothbrush, cupcake, snowman, firetruck


cup+cake=


cupcake! :)
If you can think of any that I need to add please let me know!

Last week I showed you one half of my curtains for my classroom. If you don't follow me on Instagram or didn't see the completed project here it is...
Ignore the mess in my classroom! 
I absolutely love them! I've got to adjust some of the fabric on the far right set, but they still turned out great!
If you don't follow me on IG you can do so HERE. 

Have a great week everyone!!

Live, love, learn
Rachel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment